Home | Community Development Department | Residential Fences

Residential Fences

If you are considering installing a fence, please remember a permit is required for all fences.

Municipalities often have different regulations for fences and fence companies do not always know the regulations for all the municipalities they work in. Before you order your fence, please apply for a fence permit, as most fence companies require the home owner to obtain the fence permit.

In Windham, residential fences are allowed to be a maximum of 6’ in height and lower in some areas of the yard.

All swimming in ground pools and above ground pools less than 4’ tall require a fence. The pool fence must meet the New Hampshire State Building Code.

All the Town requirements and permits are available at the Windham Community Development Department 3 No. Lowell Road, Monday thru Friday between 8am and 4pm and online at www.windhamnh.gov. For more information, please contact Dick Gregory at 432-3806 or email at dgregory@windhamnh.gov.